Every day, volunteers help with the intake and sorting of donated building materials, reducing the flow of materials into the waste-stream and making it easier for the community to find and reuse resources. Volunteer projects vary from day to day depending on what materials have been donated. Common tasks include: unloading donation carts, sorting and organizing tile, trim, miscellaneous hardware and lighting, and de-nailing lumber. There is always a way for you to help!
Apply for volunteer service and explore the ways you can get involved at The ReBuilding Center online!
A few things to keep in mind about volunteering at The ReBuilding Center:
- Always wear closed-toed shoes. Work boots are great; steel-toed shoes are best.
- Wear clothes that you don’t mind messing up. Plan on getting dirty.
- Bring work gloves if you have them. (We have extras, but it’s nice to wear your own.)
- Bring a water bottle (especially in the summer). You’ll be glad.
- Our warehouse is not climate controlled so expect it to be as warm or cold inside as it is outside.
Please Note: If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must sign the waiver on our Volunteer Interest & Application form. If you are under 16 you will need an adult to volunteer with you. Due to the nature of the materials in our warehouse, we generally cannot accommodate volunteers under age 14. However, exceptions are occasionally possible.
Trade Show Volunteers
Trade show volunteers table at local events such as the Home and Garden Shows, Build Remodel Landscape Show, Earth Day events, etc. Helping at these events allows The ReBuilding Center to connect with new community members who may not be familiar with The ReBuilding Center and all of the services we offer. Training is provided.